In the process of fulfilling his mission, he takes great care to help digital marketing leaders elevate their careers. People say Mark owns an executive recruiting company; he’ll tell you that he owns a “life improvement company.”
Mark is an overcomer, a man who perseveres. At the age of 20, Mark suffered traumatic, permanent brain damage. As a result, he had to rebuild his ability to read and understand written information. At the age of 28, as a result of a genetic, chronic disease, he was told he would be disabled by the age of 34. At the age of 52, after tens of thousands of pain-filled failures, at the age of 52 he won a national championship in Sports Jujitsu and a Silver medal while representing the United States at the WCJJO World Championships. In 2018, Mark was inducted in the ASJL Hall of Fame in the “Inspiration” category.
As a business professional, Mark has held leadership positions in multibillion-dollar organizations, emerging growth organizations while simultaneously experiencing challenging mergers and acquisitions. He became an entrepreneur at the age of 35 as the owner of a digital marketing agency just months before the .com crash. He led the agency through the .com crash, 9/11, and major embezzlement into prosperity and ultimately a successful exit. He founded his current company, TeamBuilder Search, at the very beginning of The Great Recession in 2008 and has led the firm to tremendous success.
Recognition & Awards
Both of Mark’s companies have won multiple Business First “Fast Fifty” and Inc. Magazine 5000 awards. Mark was recognized by Business First as a “Forty under 40” over-achiever. He was also honored by the American Marketing Association as “Marketing Educator of the Year” and as “Marketer of the Year.” The Columbus Technology Council honored Mark as a TopCat Awards finalist for “Technology Educator of the Year.” Mark has served on many boards and advisory committees and has been a United Way Big Brother for over 30 years.
As a Recruiter
- Built an award winning, nationally recognized, recruitment firm focused on digital marketing leadership roles.
- Established in 2008, specifically to address the lack of knowledge of digital marketing roles in traditional recruiting agencies.
- Have helped Fortune 10 companies to two person startups hire critical digital marketing leadership.
As a Practitioner
- Built and successfully exited an award winning, nationally recognized, digital marketing agency
- Former VP of Digital Marketing in an integrated marketing agency
- Sales and marketing leadership in multi-billion and emerging technology firms
- Multiple business and marketing leadership honors and awards from many different national and local organizations
Do you have a critical digital role to fill?
As an executive digital-first staffing and recruiting agency, TeamBuilder Search helps get the right people, in the right seats, doing the right things.
Contact Us to Get Started